Monday, January 09, 2006

Bush Really Sucks!

Could this new law be used against blogs?

Annoying someone via the Internet is now a federal crime.

It's no joke. Last Thursday, President Bush signed into law a prohibition on
posting annoying Web messages or sending annoying e-mail messages without
disclosing your true identity...(more)

So, when I call chimpy chimpy or say something like Bush Sucks or Impeach Bush, using only my sans-culotte moniker, does anyone believe this would not annoy the chimperor?
I hope it annoys the shit out of him.

Is this an attack on blogs? (hat tip C&L)

Don't think it could be? Well I'm not so sure.
Maybe they are out to arrest me. I noticed that someone at DOJ surfs the comment threads over at Americablog, because someone at DOJ clicked on one of my comments there and then spent 22 minutes scouring my site.


This is a page from my counter's webstats, sitemeter.com

I've also noticed that DOJ has since been visiting my site several times since, each without a referring url, so I figure I got bookmarked.

Ok, maybe it was just a like-minded liberal over at DOJ surfing the blogs, or maybe it's not. If not, what did I say on that comment thread that could have brought big brother down on me?

Was it this one?

Bush Lied
Bush Spied
Bush Must
Be Tried
sans-culotte Homepage 01.04.06 - 2:30 pm #

Or perhaps it was this one?

Big Brother Is Watching and Listening To You

Americans should not be shocked to learn that Big Brother has been eavesdropping on their telecommunications. It’s been an open secret for years that the hush- hush National Security Agency’s big electronic ears on the East and West coasts of the USA have been hoovering up all international phone, fax, and email communications....
http://www.lewrockwell.com/margolis/margolis9.html
sans-culotte Homepage 01.04.06 - 2:56 pm #
Well, if they are watching me, and they are going to try and apply this law against bloggers, I have but one thing to say.



War on blogs? War on Journalists?

|

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home