Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Scalia Says He Didn't Do It

'ba fangool!! Wadda ya gonna do about it?

Scalia in Letter-to-Editor Denies Making 'Obscene' Gesture

And other more important Scalia news,...
Scalia's Recusal Sought in Key Detainee Case
Retired Officers Say Justice's Impartiality Is in Question After Remarks on Combatants


‘Vaffanculo!!'[Update] Boston Herald Busts Scalia for being the most pathetic lying, disgraceful, revolting peice of filth to ever sit on the Supreme Court.

Note: In order to explain just what this scumbag did, this post contains extremely vulgar language. Also note that he actually did this at a special mass at the Cathedral of the Holy Cross in Boston. I actually didn't think anyone would be able to top Cheney's "Go fuck yourself!" on the floor of the Senate, but here it is...
AmericaBlog:
Boston Herald:“It’s inaccurate and deceptive of him to say there was no vulgarity in the moment,” said Peter Smith, the Boston University assistant photojournalism professor who made the shot.

Despite Scalia’s insistence that the Sicilian gesture was not offensive and had been incorrectly characterized by the Herald as obscene, the photographer said the newspaper “got the story right. (...)

“The judge paused for a second, then looked directly into my lens and said, ‘To my critics, I say, ‘Vaffanculo,’” punctuating the comment by flicking his right hand out from under his chin, Smith said.
Vaffanculo means "go get fucked up your ass."
Before this update when I first posted this story, I had jokingly added to the phonetic/slang sounding 'ba fangool!! to my photoshopped Scalia. (thanks peanut!). I just thought I was exaggerating to add humor. But that was before I actually thought Scalia, a Supreme Court Justice at Sunday Mass, would actually say that. It's not funny once it turned out to be true.

|

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home