Sunday, June 04, 2006

Amazon Fishbowl with Bill Maher


Bill MaherNate pointed out Bill Maher's new online show and I thought I ought to share it. While I'm at it he's got another video there too that I'm definitely going to give a post of it's own tomorrow. You can check my comment there to see how much I liked it & where I'll be going with it.

I'm not sure how I feel about Bill Maher doing a regular talkshow format, but I thought he did a really good job with it, and I thought the Chicks were really cool. My only complaint is the long UPS/Goomba commercial that you can't fast forward through. I understand the need for the ads but it was just too long. I almost bailed. I have to say the Dixie Chicks were so worth it though, so there you go.

I just got my Dixie Chicks CD this week. I love it. I'm not really big into country music, and if it hadn't been for the political back-story I can't say I would have ever bought the cd, but I'm glad I did. It's a solid CD. anyone who says it's not country hasn't listened to it. It's country allright, but it's really grown on me already. I'm not sure why exactly but I didn't think I liked "I Hope" the first time I heard it, but now it's one of my faves. My place just about cleaned itself listening to that song today. Damn that's a good song.
. . . .
Cuz our children are watching us
They put their trust in us
They're gonna be like us
So let's learn from our history
And do it differently

[I hope] For more love, more joy and laughter
[I hope] We'll have more than we'll ever need
[I hope] We'll have more happy ever afters
[I hope] We can all live more fearlessly
And we can lose all the pain and misery
[I hope] I hope . . .
If you can spare the $10 bucks this CD's well worth it.
You can order one here.

Order the Dixie Chicks CD Here

|

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home